Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Criminals are gone and more...

I thought this read was a bit boring but the thing that I found most shocking was the "celibacy tax". The idea of women HAVING to have sex or they had to pay a tax for not doing so is just the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. The fact that women couldn't have abortions if they were raped just doesn't sit well with me. That is the only time that I support abortion, when a woman is raped but since Ceausescu decided he wanted to build up his population for no reason since he was a bad ruler anyways and couldn't support them they had to have babies. Another thing that made me mad was the fact that the way the check to see if the women were having sex or not was to give them a checkup every so often and so what if the women couldn't have babies??? Then she would keep paying the tax for no reason. And they were supposed to start having children at such a young age too; 13 years old. I actually liked the way he ended even though I would have liked it to happen sooner and I liked how it was the people that he forced to be born were the people to take him out.
When they started talking about the cops they kinda lost me. I did like that they talked about if you tackle small problems like punishing those urinating on the streets or those wiping dirty stuff across your windshield unless you gave them a good donation, helped prevented the bigger more serious crimes.
On page 115 in the 1st sentence I thought it was pretty stupid that hiring additional police was considered a violation of some type of liberal aesthetics. Like if you need more police officers then you need to hire them it's stupid to not hire and just have crimes spinning out of control and no officers to take care of the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment